Instructions and Questions (Pre Calc)
- Vectors can be of any dimension, but this excerise only uses two dimentions as in <x, y> where
x is the horizontal change from the current postion, and y is the vertical change from the current location. Change the color to something different from the background color, and then press the "Redraw" button. Press
the Example buttons, and manipulate the size, starting postion and colors.
- What are the shapes of the examples?
- Each line has a vector, which is added to the end of the last vector. Now add some vectors to the list of vectors, one per line,
and press the "Update Drawing" button.
- What direction does <-4,5> go in?
Make a list of four vectors to make a square. What are the vectors you used?
- Name four vectors that make a trapezoid
- Name three vectors that make an isosceles triangle
- Name three vectors that form an equalateral triangle
- Name five vectors that make a star.
- Which is bigger, the perimeter of the shape, or the magnitude of the sum of the vectors?
- Make your own drawing, copy and paste your list of vectors into an e-mail to Fr. Chris (email@example.com)
Some Great Examples
Student's Vector drawings 2006
Student's Vector drawings 2005
Student's Vector drawings 2004
Student's Vector drawings 2003
Student's Vector drawings 2002
Student's Vector drawings 2001